Dance Remote/Hybrid Learning
I.S. 234 DANCE "REMOTE/HYBRID" LEARNING INFORMATION:
**Information will be added as things change and adjust during the year!
**If there are adjustments made in the Arts/Dance specifically, students will be informed.
1. Learning Platform: Google Classroom & Zoom
All students must have access to their Google Classroom during the day and time of their scheduled class and logged in using their @is234.org emails.
Further instruction will be given regarding the use of Google Classroom (Remote/Hybrid) and accessing lessons, materials, resources , etc. within the platform.
ALL ZOOM LIVE MEETINGS ARE SHARED WITH STUDENTS ON THEIR GOOGLE CLASSROOM STREAMS AND UNDER "DANCE RESOURCES "UNDER "CLASSWORK".
DOE Zoom Info:
1. Always log in with your @nycstudnets.net account (not your @is234.org email): https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/learn-at-home/technical-tools-and-support/doe-student-accounts
2. Once you have your @nycstudents.net account set up, use this to sign into your Zoom Meeting as shared in your Google Classroom!
3. Any issues, Log in here with your @nycstudents.net email and the meeting info:
FOR MORE HELP WITH THE NYC DOE ZOOM LOG IN: https://infohub.nyced.org/working-with-the-doe/covid-19-resources/teach-from-home-technology/how-to-sign-into-zoom
A. Online Attendance for All: All students will check their school email for a daily email from Ms. Flynn or an Administrator. This email will contain a google form which you will complete and will collect your daily attendance. Students will only be allowed to complete the form once per day.
B. Attendance will also be taken for each class period. More information to come regarding this process.
C Absence: If a student misses class and/or does not complete the assignments throughout the week, the student, family, and admin will be notified.
4. 2020-2021 Grading Policy *As of 10/6/20)
2020-2021 Dance Dept. Schedule
*Currently Classes are assigned to be in Classrooms.
*When & If our IN Person Classes are closed-All Dance classes will be taught Remotely!
Please review your schedules!
Additional Program Information: As of 9/8/20
For REMOTE DANCE CLASSES-We will begin our classes synchronously/live using Zoom.
Please check your Google Classroom Streams and Emails for this information to log into our Live Class!
IN School Learning/Synchronous: Teaching happens in building or in real time, according to the class schedule and required login times
Movement Warm Up (modified for classroom setting)
Movement/Dance Concept Exploration.
Video Viewings/Choreography Analysis/Dance History and/or Dance Research.
Short choreography in class tasks/shares (with social distancing). *If possible/modified for classroom setting.
2. Asynchronous Learning: Content is available online for students to access when it best suits their schedules, and assignments are completed to deadlines.
Choreography Project (to be done remotely due to challenges of space/safety in the classroom setting).
Dance Research Study