Dance Remote/Hybrid Learning
I.S. 234 DANCE "REMOTE/HYBRID" LEARNING INFORMATION:
**Information will be added as things change and adjust during the year!
**If there are adjustments made in the Arts/Dance specifically, students will be informed.
1. Learning Platform: Google Classroom & Zoom
All students must have access to their Google Classroom during the day and time of their scheduled class and logged in using their @is234.org emails.
Further instruction will be given regarding the use of Google Classroom (Remote/Hybrid) and accessing lessons, materials, resources , etc. within the platform.
ALL ZOOM LIVE MEETINGS ARE SHARED WITH STUDENTS ON THEIR GOOGLE CLASSROOM STREAMS AND UNDER "DANCE RESOURCES "UNDER "CLASSWORK".
DOE Zoom Info:
1. Always log in with your @nycstudnets.net account (not your @is234.org email). Set this up here: https://idm.nycenet.edu/students/start.form
2. Once you have your @nycstudents.net account set up, use this to sign into your Zoom Meeting as shared in your Google Classroom stream!
3. Any issues, Log in here with your @nycstudents.net email and the meeting info:
FOR MORE HELP WITH THE NYC DOE ZOOM LOG IN: https://infohub.nyced.org/working-with-the-doe/covid-19-resources/teach-from-home-technology/how-to-sign-into-zoom
A. Online Attendance for All: All students will check their school email for a daily email from Ms. Flynn or an Administrator. This email will contain a google form which you will complete and will collect your daily attendance. Students will only be allowed to complete the form once per day.
B. Attendance will also be taken for each class period.
C Absence: If a student has been missing classes and/or does not complete the assignments, the student, family, and related admin will be notified.
4. 2020-2021 Grading Policy *As of 10/6/20)
5. I.S. 234 DANCE PROGRAM ATTIRE: Remote/Hybrid 2020-2021
ALL DANCE STUDENTS:
Please do your best to wear clothing that you can easily move in. Dance classes are assigned to be in classrooms for the 2020-2021 year because students are not traveling. Due to space restrictions and social distancing, this will limit the amount of movement we can do during our classes. Specific requirements will be suggested for video submissions.